19-year old inhale deodorant spray to get high, dies after that
Image Source: WYFF-TV

In the recent shocking news, a 19-year old was died after inhaling the deodorant spray to get high. As per the new case report, it said that the doctors had treated the man who was in the Netherlands. They have used this case to highlight the danger of inhaling chemicals like this. As per Dr Kelvin Harvey Kramp who is from Maasstad Hospital’s intensive care unit in Rotterdam said that this type of cases is very rare.

He too has said by adding that the death has occurred because the person has inhaled the deodorant. This type of thing is not common in general and with this, the consequences are said to be not known to the people who all still using this way to get high. The patient who had got the history of having the psychotic symptoms are said to be got admitted to the rehabilitation centre for the cannabis as well as ketamine abuse and was taking to antipsychotic drugs.  

In July, a report which is published in relation with that person on Thursday said that he had used a towel for this. He placed the towel over his head and then inhaled the deodorant spray so that he will become high. After some time, he got very much hyperactive and jumped up and down. After some time, suddenly the blood flow stops, and it causes him to go for the cardiac arrest and at last, he collapsed in the ground.

After he got collapsed in the ground, he was then taken to the hospital. At the hospital, he was placed in a medically induced coma as the staff has failed to revive him after giving all the emergency treatment to him. They said that the patient brain is not working to the fullest to sustain the life. He was there under treatment for nine days, but as the doctors say there are no improvements in his health, they have taken out form the medical support, and then he died.

As per Kramp, he said that there are about three theories about the death of the person. He said that the inhalant that the person has inhaled might have over sensitized his heart. As a result, it led to subsequent stress and led to cardiac arrest. It is also seen that the inhalants too decrease the strength of the contraction of the muscle heart. The next problem may be the inhalants can able to cause the spasm of the coronary arteries.

Kramp added by saying that the hyperactiveness of the patient may show that he was experiencing a scary hallucination. It has been said that the abuse of solvent is not a new phenomenon. This type of abuse is usually found in the young and vulnerable people. As per the studies, the group who get affected by this abuse is 15 to 19 years old. The people who are in rehabilitation centres or prisons are said to be more likely to get abuse all the products that are present in the household. This means that there might be a great risk of getting a cardiac arrest.

When it comes to secure environments, the people who all have got less access to these type of substances, as well as household products, are safe, as said by Roz Gittins. Roz is the director of Pharmacy at the British drug charity Addaction, but he has not involved in this study which is all about the consequences that one may face if they inhale the deodorant to get high.  

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here